|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003980||Thunderhawk||[WHDLoad Installs Games] OCS||public||2018-10-04 20:30||2018-10-04 20:30|
|Assigned To||Project Info||Thunderhawk (Core Design)|
|Summary||0003980: WHDLoad installer for Thunderhawk does not work.|
|Description||WHDLoad installer for Thunderhawk does not work. The installer fails at track 148 on Disk 2.|
- I replaced the RIPDIC v4.6 with the v5.0 I got from the WHDLoad site, but the result did not change.
- Either version of RAWDIC reported a failure at the end of the second disk (track 148) and stopped. However, some files were produced. I found this game in preloaded form and compared to what I downloaded from the internet, it looks like files were produced with correct sizes. I did not do content comparison between produced and downloaded files.
- Running the RAWDIC command manually from the shell did not report a failure.
|Steps To Reproduce||- Run the installer for Thunderhawk from whdload site.|
- Run the game from hdd.
Expected: It reports success.
Actual: It reports failure at track 148 on disk 2.
|Additional Information||As a side note, even the preload version I got from the net does not run at all (it crashes). This might be a separate issue, but I wanted to mention it anyway.|
Here are my findings about the issue:
- It looks like I have a different version than the regular release: What I have is the 'corkers' version which I believe is the cheaper release version.
- I tried various options like disabling CPU caches or disabling the accelerator (not physically removed) but the result is the same.
- I found one download that said "USA version" that came with IRP files. I used them as the source but the result did not change.
- I created the wwp files from the original disks I have and ran wwarp (v1.28 from whdload site) on them with the F option. It was unable to decode the tracks.
In addition to the wwp files, I do have a small video of what I see on the screen when the crash happens but the forum only allows attachment of 150K. How do I get these to the dev?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|KickROM||40 - Kick 3.1|
|2018-10-04 20:30||whdnewbie||New Issue|