|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004992||Kefrens_Masterpieces||[All Projects] General||public||2021-01-31 22:45||2021-02-08 18:31|
|Assigned To||StingRay||Project Info||Masterpieces (Kefrens)|
|Summary||0004992: starfield doesn't appear. Decrunch is very slow (pic1 ~ 48 s !)|
|Description||GameVersion: pal, 1 disk|
SlaveVersion: 1.0 from 28.12.2020
starfield doesn't appear. Decrunch is very slow (pic1 ~ 48 s !)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|KickROM||39 - Kick 3.0|
Last edited: 2021-02-03 08:03
Starfield problem confirmed (only appears to happen on slow machines), will be fixed. Decrunching the first picture works without any long delay on my machines but I'll relocate the decrunchers in the updated patch, this should hopefully fix this problem.
Edit: the decrunchers have already been relocated so that's not the problem. Does "CACHE" tooltype change anything regarding the decrunching time on your machine?
I'll attach test slaves here in a while (when I fixed the starfield problem) so you can test them on your Amiga.
Starfield problem was caused by the triple-buffering approach, it has been modified to work correctly.
Attached are 2 slaves: Masterpieces.slave fixes the starfield problem, Masterpieces_NoDecReloc.slave does not relocate the decrunchers in the main part.
Does decrunching still take 48 seconds for the first picture with the "NoDecReloc" slave? Is the decrunching very slow for all pictures or just for the first one?
starfield work now. CACHE or NOCACHE doesn't change the decrunching speed.
the decrunching is very slow with most of the pictures (guardian dragon 2 for example)
with NoDecReloc, the decrunching still take more than 50 seconds, guardian dragon 2 take 53 seconds.
My fast ram is ACA1208.
I tested the older patch, and the decrunching is normal (5 s for Alien, 4 s for guardian dragon 2, )
you can reproduce the decrunching problem by using WinUAE (220.127.116.11)
I tested the patch with the same configuration : WHDLoad 18.6 on stock A1200 + 4 Mb Fast, KS 3.0, WB 3.0
-> the decrunching is slow
(I also tested with a A4000 60040 config : speed is normal )
|2021-01-31 22:45||administrator||New Issue|
|2021-01-31 22:45||administrator||Status||new => assigned|
|2021-01-31 22:45||administrator||Assigned To||=> StingRay|
|2021-02-02 22:01||StingRay||Note Added: 0009506|
|2021-02-02 22:01||StingRay||Note Edited: 0009506||View Revisions|
|2021-02-02 22:01||StingRay||Status||assigned => confirmed|
|2021-02-03 08:03||StingRay||Note Edited: 0009506||View Revisions|
|2021-02-03 08:55||StingRay||File Added: Masterpieces.slave|
|2021-02-03 08:55||StingRay||File Added: Masterpieces_NoDecReloc.slave|
|2021-02-03 08:58||StingRay||Note Added: 0009509|
|2021-02-03 10:53||bill||Note Added: 0009515|
|2021-02-08 18:31||bill||Note Added: 0009550|