2019-05-25 13:20 CEST

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0004009BatmanTheMovie[WHDLoad Installs Games] slavepublic2019-01-28 12:57
Reporterel_pasi 
Assigned ToStingRayProject InfoBatman the Movie (Ocean)
http://www.whdload.de/games/BatmanTheMovie.html
 
PrioritynormalSeveritycrashReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionunable to reproduce 
Summary0004009: Game crashes in level 5
DescriptionWhile playing last level, graphics turn to garbage and game eventually crashes. This has happened every time I play last level. "Exception address error ($B00C) at $7C82E occurred". There is also graphical glitches in Batman's hand / Level 3.
Steps To ReproducePlay last level (5) a while, since garbage doesn't appear immediately.
Additional InformationTested also with Amiga 1200 + Blizzard 1230-III -combination and same conclusion: game crashed in the last level.
TagsNo tags attached.
MachineA600
CPU68EC020
CPUSpeed33
ChipSetECS
GFXCardNone
ChipMem2 MB
FastMem10 MB
WorkbenchOS 3.9
KickROM40 - Kick 3.1
KickSoftNone
WHDLoad18.4beta
imported
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

note ~0006598

StingRay (developer)

I can't reproduce this at all and have coded the patch on my A4000/60 where it runs without any problems. Which version of the patch are you using?

note ~0006603

el_pasi (reporter)

I'm using version 1.5. Actually just tried twice with Amiga 600 and level 5 didn't crash. Then I tried with Blizzard 603e-equipped Amiga 1200, and game crashed before half of level 5 with playing area full of garbage. This time error code was "illegal instruction S10 at $7C808" and then Workbench reported recoverable alerts until I reseted computer. So it doesn't crash everytime, like I wrote before.

note ~0006655

StingRay (developer)

This sounds much like a problem on your end, I can not reproduce this at all on any of my machines. Are your disks OK? Are your MaxTransfer settings correct? Do you have any patches running? If so, try running the patch from a clean boot.

note ~0006664

el_pasi (reporter)

I guess you must be right. Since crashes have occurred in my three different setups, it could very well be problem with installed diskimage (disk.1 or disk.2) itself, not slave.
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2018-11-14 20:00 el_pasi New Issue
2018-12-26 23:33 JOTD Assigned To => StingRay
2018-12-26 23:33 JOTD Status new => assigned
2018-12-26 23:49 StingRay Note Added: 0006598
2018-12-27 20:53 el_pasi Note Added: 0006603
2019-01-18 21:07 StingRay Note Added: 0006655
2019-01-23 13:16 el_pasi Note Added: 0006664
2019-01-28 12:57 StingRay Status assigned => closed
2019-01-28 12:57 StingRay Resolution open => unable to reproduce
+Issue History